In a video that has gone viral on social media, Lucknow based doctor Saurabh accused Tablighi Jamaat attendees of spreading coronavirus in the country. He said that 12 members of Tablighi Jamaat were found staying in a mosque in Sadar Bazaar in Lucknow, which comes under the Lucknow Cantonment Board.
It has been learnt that these members had attended prayer gatherings organised by the Tablighi Jamaat. They were staying in a mosque in the Sadar market for several days and food was being supplied to them. Military Intelligence sleuths got a whiff of the matter after they spotted sealed food packets being carried to unknown occupants at Alijaan mosque inside Sadar Bazaar.
Military Intelligence officials informed Uttar Pradesh police about 12 Markaz members with symptoms of the deadly virus holed up in Alijaan mosque in Sadar. The cops rushed to the spot and quarantined all Tablighi Jamaat attendees.
The Lucknow cantonment area adjoining Sadar Bazar was immediately cordoned off by the officials after 12 people living in a mosque in the area tested positive for coronavirus. The Army’s Central Command directed its soldiers not to visit Sadar Bazaar after Markaz people had tested positive for COVID-19.
In the video, he asked that the government has already urged every citizen of the country to maintain social distancing, then what were these people doing there? He alleged that people belonging to Tablighi Jamaat wanted to target organizations such as the Armed forces and Doctors.
They are targeting an organization that is fighting against the COVID-19 outbreak, they are attacking an organization that is standing between life and death, and we need to fight against these miscreants, he said.
It would not be enough to say, “Boycott them” “Shoot them”, rather the government must take stringent action against them, he added. They must have fear for administration and law because these are the same people who broke law and order during Shaheen Bagh. These are the same people who attended Tablighi Jamaat event and since then they are bent upon spreading coronavirus in the country, he stated.
He also said that at a time when the rest of the world is avoiding leaving home in the current outbreak of coronavirus, these people are making their presence at the Mosque to offer Namaz. They can perform prayer at home in order to curb the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic.
In the video, he says we all must follow lockdown rules imposed by the government to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. He held Markaz members responsible for Shaheen Bagh which was in headlines for protesting against the Citizenship Amendment Act.
He further says that currently, 130 crore people of the country are indoors to avoid social gatherings as part of precautionary measures to contain coronavirus outbreak, but these thousands of people are standing by their words that they will not abide by shutdown guidelines made by the government.
Earlier, they allegedly threw bottles filled with urine from a quarantine center in Sector 16 in Dwarka. On top of that, they are defecating in the hospital where patients are treated. They are misbehaving with doctors who are putting their lives and treating patients in this hard time.
Lucknow Police Commissioner Sujit Pandey had said that 12 members of Tablighi Jamaat were found staying in a mosque in Sadar area on Friday. “They had tested positive for coronavirus. As soon as, the information was received, Sadar was turned into a sterile zone to prevent spread of the virus,” he said, according to PTI.
P.K. Gupta, the police chowki in-charge of Lucknow Cantonment, told to ThePrint, “Even the soldiers cannot enter without permission. Out of bound is done when an area is considered unsafe for the jawans.”
“Only military medical teams, QRT (quick reaction teams), emergency MES (military engineer services) services and essential services will be allowed in the military areas,” Gupta said.