Google CEO Sundar Pichai is famous all across the world for his staggering success. From staying in a two-room apartment in Chennai to living in a beautifully designed home in the USA, he has come a long way. He has had quite an interesting journey.
Sundar Pichai is celebrating his birthday today as he turned 49. Now, let’s take a look at the 7 interesting things about Sundar Pichai.
1. Everyone might have known about Sundar Pichai’s success but what not the majority wouldn’t know is his love story. Sundar Pichai’s love story is so heart-touching! Sundar Pichai fell in love with his wife Anjali back in college days.
During those days, Sundar had really nothing as he lived in a small flat with no TV or cars. Sundar and Anjali started dating each other when they were studying at IIT Kharagpur.
In the final year of their engineering, Sundar asked Anjali for marriage, without second thoughts, she said yes. The highlight of this story was Anjali knew about Sundar and his whereabouts and she still went ahead with her relationship. In an age where money matters a lot in a relationship these days, this love story is truly inspirational.
2. Sundar Pichai has done metallurgical engineering from IIT Kharagpur and has done MBA from material science from Wharton school of the University of Pennsylvania and he did M.S from Stanford University. Today, he is a familiar personality in the tech world.
3. What does Google CEO Sundar Pichai eat for breakfast? Despite having so many tough tasks in his day, it usually begins with tea, toast and an omelette. “I’m vegetarian so I need to get my protein,” said Pichai in an earlier interview.
4. Sundar Pichai has announced that the company will be donating more than $800 million in cash and advertising to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus and ease the impact on small businesses. He has not donated to India, but to some world organization
Sundar Pichai, who has been leading Google as Chief Executive Officer since 2015, said in a statement, “This is an increase from our initial $25 million announced last month. In addition, we’re providing $20 million in ad grants to community financial institutions and NGOs specifically to run public service announcements on relief funds and other resources for SMBs”.
5. Did you know? Sundar Pichai’s first stint as a professional was not with Google. Sundar Pichai worked in engineering and product management at Applied Materials and in management consulting at McKinsey & Company. Later on, he joined Google in 2004.
6. In the year 2004, he ushered product management for a suite of Google’s client software products, including Google Chrome. He was mainly responsible for Google Drive, Chrome OS and others at Google. 9 years later, Android was another major thing that was developed under his astute superintendence.
7. In 2015, he was selected as the Chief Executive Officer of Google. He succeeded Larry Page who co-founded Google along with Sergey Brin. 4 years later, Pichai became the CEO of Alphabet Inc, which is Google’s sister company.
Besides Google, Sundar Pichai handles seven other big companies. They are Google Fiber, Google Nest, Calico, Verily, Google Ventures, The Moonshot Factory, Capital G.