Generally, people often prefer to eat at restaurants. However, recently a case has come to light that might make you not want to go to a restaurant. A deceased rat was found in a customer’s food in Bandra, Mumbai. Papa Pancho Da Dhaba restaurant which is a very famous restaurant in Bandra. Following this unsettling discovery, both the restaurant’s manager and chef have been arrested, and an FIR has also been registered.
In a recent report from the Bandra Police, Anurag Dilip Singh, a resident of Dindoshi, described himself as a senior manager in a private bank. He went to Papa Pancho da Dhaba restaurant for dinner on the evening of 13 August with his friend Amin Khan. They ordered bhuna gosht and chicken and while eating, Dilip Singh notices some unusual piece of chicken in the gravy, looking closely, he sees that it was a deceased rat. states in the FIR.
“Dilip and his friend Khan called the manager (Vivian Albert Sequeira) and showed the dead rat in the food. The manager did not give any satisfactory answer.” Dilip told the police.
Singh’s friend Khan later tweeted about the incident along with pictures of a rat in his food. Tagging the Mumbai Police with his handle @AminKhanNIAZI, he tweeted, “@MumbaiPolice Rat found in our gravy at Papa Pancho da Dhaba near Pali Naka Bandra West. Managers and owners are not willing to listen. We also called the police and 100 other people. Still no help.”
The Bandra police registered a case in the early hours of Sunday against manager Sequeira and the vendor who supplied pickles and chicken to the hotel. Senior Inspector Sanjay Marathe of Bandra Police Station said that the manager of the restaurant (Vivian Sequeira) and the cook have been arrested in the matter and further investigation is on. This unsettling incident emphasizes the importance of maintaining strict hygiene standards in eateries to ensure the health and safety of customers. Food safety regulations must be upheld in every restaurant.