Actors and actresses in the Bollywood film industry are very well trained to talk about everything according to what the public image they are actually trying to portray. At times, celebrities pass comments or make remarks that are unexpected and bold.
Apart from movies, Bollywood celebrities hit the headlines because of their controversial statements. There is no hiding from the fact that people examine celebrities closely and so whatever they speak becomes a talking topic or controversy.
From Aamir Khan’s comment on Shah Rukh Khan to Sidharth Malhotra’s dig at Alia Bhatt, there are many controversial comments made by Bollywood actors that are hard to forget.
Aamir Khan (Mr. Perfectionist) does only one movie every year. He has given several hit movies like 3 idiots, Taare Zameen Par, Ghajini, and many more. The actor has also sparked a series of controversies in his career.
Besides hitting the headlines for his acting skills, he is also in the headlines for controversial reasons as well. Recent, he was tagged as a traitor by netizens on Twitter when he was spotted meeting the first lady of Turkey, Emine Erdogan.
Needless to say, the netizens wasted no time in criticising the actor for doing so. Emine Erdogan took to her Twitter handle and shared a few pictures with Mr Perfectionist actor Aamir and wrote, “I had the great pleasure of meeting @aamir_khan, the world-renowned Indian actor, filmmaker, and director, in Istanbul. I was happy to learn that Aamir decided to wrap up the shooting of his latest movie ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ in different parts of Turkey. I look forward to it!(sic).”
With tensed relationship between India and Turkey, netizens weren’t really pleased with Aamir’s decision to meet Turkish First Lady. For the unversed, Turkey openly backedd Pakistan on the Kashmir issue especially after Article 370 was scrapped in the valley last year.
The other controversial instances are:
5. At some time in the past, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan didn’t get along with each other. Aamir Khan then made a controversial statement about King Khan in one of his blogs. “Shah Rukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more can I ask for?”
4. Aamir Khan came under fire for not giving credit to Chetan Bhagat. Mr Perfectionist actor used the storyline of Chetan Bhagat’s work ‘Five Point Someone’ for the movie 3 Idiots.
3. Earlier, he declared publicly that Big B Amitabh Bachchan is not a good actor. According to Aamir, Amitabh’s work in the movie ‘Black’ was average. This very comment created a potential rift between Big B and Aamir Khan but after work started, the two actors worked together after the controversy.
2. In the movie PK starring Aamir Khan in the lead role, the actor shot butt naked for the poster. This drew a lot of criticism as it defied Hindu principles in India.
1. Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan once said he also felt a sense of insecurity here. He went on to say that his wife Kiran Rao even suggested him to leave the country. This was a hypocritical statement and created a huge controversy.
Check out the video: