Big Breaking: Mastermind of Pulwama blast gunned down by Indian army

In massive achievement, the Indian security forces on Monday successfully gunned down 2 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists in a fierce encounter in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district. Nonetheless, the operation is still in progress as reported by ANI news agency.

If reports are to be believed, Abdul Ghazi, who along with Kamran was the mastermind behind the February 14 Pulwama terror attack, has been neutralised in the ongoing fierce encounter.

Credits: Daily Hunt

One of the two neutralised terrorists has been reportedly identified as Kamran who is one of the Jaish-e-Mohammed commanders who masterminded the Pulwama terror attack which left 44 CRPF paramilitary troopers dead.

As per Zee News sources, 2 infamous terrorists are still hiding in the house in Pinglina area of Pulwama, which include Abdul Rashid Ghazi, a trusted lieutenant of Masood Azhar who, along with Kamran, planned a route map and executed the Pulwama terror attack.

If sources are to be believed, Ghazi and Kamran trained 20-year-old youth identified as Adil Ahmed Dar, a suicide bomber who executed the dastardly attack last Thursday. Additionally, they provided explosives and proper inputs about the movement of the ‘CRPF contingent’ in Jammu and Kashmir’s Lethpora area.

The 4 Army jawans, wounded in the encounter which broke out on February 17 and 18, succumbed to their injuries on Monday morning. Apart from them, a civilian was also reportedly killed in the encounter.

It has been said that the martyred security personnel belonged to the 55 Rashtriya Rifles. The 4 army jawans are identified as Major VS Dhoundiyal, Havaldar Sheo Ram, Sepoy Ajay Kumar and Sepoy Hari Singh.

The massive gunfight triggered late on Sunday after security forces, Rashtriya Rifles (RR), Special Operations Group (SOG) of the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), encircled the village after receiving a small clue from sources that Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) militants were hiding in the area. 

The encounter came to a close on Monday morning but continued after terrorists opened fire on the security forces at the time of search operation.

The fierce gunfight which broke out between the terrorists and security forces comes just four days after a suicide bomber, belonging to the Jaish-e-Mohammed, rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into one of the vehicles of a CRPF convoy at the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, killing at least 44 jawans, in what was considered as the deadliest attack in Jammu in the past three decades.

Hailing from Chennai, Chaithanya G is the Managing Director of TheYouth. He has dedicated his whole life to reading and writing.