The amount of respect Ratan Tata has in the corporate world is unbelievable and the former CEO of Tata groups is one of the richest persons in our country. Son of the business tycoon Naval Tata, he was always destined to great wealth but he managed to create a legacy for himself. After he took up as the successor of Tata groups, the company’s value augmented in a way no one can ever imagine.
Here are few unknown facts about the 79-year-old, who remains an inspiration for millions in our country.
- Ratan Tata grew up with his grand mother his parents got separated. He was seven years old when this happened and it did have a huge impact on his childhood.
- Ratan Tata has a degree in Architecture from the very famous Cornell University. He also has a coveted advance management program certificate from one of the most prestigious universities in the world, The Harvard.
- Ratan Tata was offered a job in IBM, but he decided to not opt for it and instead went for his family business.
- During the 21 years he led the Tata Group, revenues grew over 40 times, and profit, over 50 times. He acquired the rights of Jaguar, Corus, Land Rover and Tetley, thus turning Tata into into a global company.
- Under the Tata groups, a total of 96 business groups exist and 28 of these listed on Stock market.
- Ratan Tata also acts as an adviser to some of the biggest names in corporate world. Few of these names include Mitsbushi, Booze Allen Hamilton, JP Morgan Chase and AIG.
- He loves cars a lot, out of which his Ferrari California Supercar remains his favorite. He takes some free time to drive this luxurious car of his.
- He also own a pilot license and just like his predecessor JRD Tata, he was a very keen aviator.
- Ratan Tata could’ve been one of the top 5 richest persons in the globe, but he decided to share most of his wealth for charities. His estimated net worth is said to be around $72 Billion, almost $40 Billion more than that of the Ambanis.
For his unforgettable contribution in making India a global force to reckon with, he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and received the Knight Grand Cross from the British Empire.
Personally, he is not a billionaire like Ambani brothers as he either has given his wealth to TATA sons or donated it to the poor.