Asin kicked off her acting career when she was 15 years old. The Kerala-born actress announced her arrival with a Malayalam movie called Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka in 2001. She first hogged the limelight with the 2003 movie Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammay.
Since then, she went on to establish herself as one of the best actresses. She also received Telugu Filmfare Award for Best Actress. Asin also delivered hit movies such as Ghajini, Pokkiri, Varalaru, Sivamani, Dasavatharam among others.
It is to be noted that her first Bollywood movie was Ghajini opposite, Aamir Khan. Her other significant Bollywood movies include Housefull 2 and Khiladi 786. In 2015, she got hitched to Rahul Sharma, the co-owner of the famous mobile company Micromax.
After her marriage, she called it quits from the acting career.
Now in this article, we will take a look at the interesting and lesser-known facts about Asin
1. Asin has always been an actress who believes in growing and attempting new things in her career. When she visited Italy, she took flying lessons for this reason. She published photographs of herself flying several planes on social media as a result of her training.
2. Not everyone knows that Asin is a well-trained Bharatanatyam and Kathakali dancer.
3. Before she entered the acting industry, she was a part-time model and a businesswoman.
4. She is one of the very few actresses who speaks six languages including Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi and French.
5. Asin’s favourite movies are Kizhukum and The Sound of Music.
6. Asin was previously given the coveted title of “Queen of Kollywood” because of her beauty and superb acting.
7. Her name literally translates to “pure and without blemish” was given by her father. For the unversed, she was to be named Mary, after her grandmother.
8. She was a bright student at school. Asin aggregated over 90% in her Class 10 board exams. She did B.A. in English Literature from St. Teresa’s College, Kerala.
9. Asin gave birth to a baby girl “Arin” 25th of October, 2017.