Taapsee Pannu is one of the most talented and hardworking actresses in the cinema industry. She has acted in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu films.
Taapsee Pannu made her Bollywood debut with ‘Chasme Badoor’ before receiving critical acclaim with Pink in the year 2016. Taapsee Pannu has given us some terrific performances in movies like Pink, Naam Shabana, and Soorma.
Nonetheless, apart from her unique and brilliant acting skills, she hits headlines for her trademark befitting replies to trolls and to her fans too.
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 lesser-known facts of Taapsee Pannu
- The Indian actress was born on August 1, 1987, in the national capital. Not many know that she is Punjabi by descent. In case you didn’t know, her parents nicknamed her ‘maggie’.
- The 33-year-old actress completed her schooling at Mata Jai Kaur Public School, situated at Ashok Vihar, New Delhi. She performed very well in academics where she did her Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering at ‘Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, New Delhi. She also appeared for CAT and scored 88%.
- Before making her mark in the Indian film industry, she plied her trade as a software engineer. She started modelling and was selected in a talent show ‘Getting Gorgeous’, organized by Channel V.
- After she featured on the show, there was no turning back since then. She appeared in a number of TV commercials and ad prints. The New Delhi-born actress bagged several awards and titles when she was modelling, including ‘Safi Miss Femina Miss Beautiful Skin and Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face’.
- In 2010, Taapsee Pannu announced her arrival in the movie industry where she featured in ‘Jhummandi Naadam’, a romantic musical by K. Raghavendra Rao.
- Apart from being a versatile actress, she is a professional dancer. She also learnt Bharatnatyam and Kathak while she was studying in fourth grade. Much to her stellar dancing performances, she won several inter-college competitions.
- Taapsee has been pretty good in terms of her linguistic ability. Apart from Hindi and English, she speaks well in three different languages where she worked in several South Indian movies. But her native language is Punjabi.
- She loves to play sports, especially squash. Despite her hectic schedule, she spends at least half an hour daily to play the sport.
- Taapsee won as many as 6 national film awards for Aadukalam 2011, her debut movie in the Tamil cinema. She received several awards for her performances in the movies.
- Taapsee also operates an event company by the name of ‘The Event Factory’ that conducts events and weddings in colloboration with her sister Shagun Pannu.