Mahesh Babu is one of the most good-looking actors on screen. He hasn’t made his debut in the Bollywood industry. Although there were talks of his upcoming Bollywood projects, Mahesh Babu came up with a bold and straightforward opinion.
Tollywood Superstar Mahesh Babu recently hogged the limelight when he said, “Bollywood can’t afford me”. His statement spread like wildfire on social media portals. His remark stirred a massive controversy earlier this week.
Amid the controversy over his remarks, the star actor also explained his opinion while interacting with the Telugu media during the promotions of his Sarkaru Vaari Paata movie that hit the screens on May 12.
Clarifying his remark, he highlighted that he always wanted to do Telugu movies. He has always wished for Telugu films to do well across India. At the same time, he felt that there is literally no point in going to another industry by leaving the Tollywood industry.
Meanwhile, he further added that he is extremely happy that his films are reaching in North India. “I have always wanted to do Telugu films. And I have always wished for Telugu movies to do well across the country.
I strongly feel, why should we go to another industry by leaving ours behind? I am very happy that our films are reaching there (in North India). Our movies are doing well at the pan-India level and my dream is coming true,” Mahesh added.
When asked whether he would make his Bollywood debut, he said, “I don’t need to do Hindi films. I can just do a Telugu film and it’ll get seen all over the world – that’s what’s happening right now. You’d want to be in a position to do (only) a Telugu film,” he had said then.”