The actor or actress knows only about the devotion and time spent in the movie. However, when the script demands dangerous stunts, they risk their lives to perform such stunts. They take extreme steps and actions during their shooting, which is literally hard to execute in the first place.
At times, actors or actresses suffered accidents on the sets of popular movies which almost cost their lives. Below are some of the accidents during a film in Bollywood:
1. For a shot in the movie Singh Is Bliing, Akshay Kumar decided to jump past a hula-hoop all lit with fire.
During the filming of Singh Is Bling, Akshay Kumar intended to conduct a fire stunt, however, he was involved in a mishap while performing the stunt. He fell and severely burned his legs.
2. At the time of shooting a heated fight scene in Coolie along with Puneet Issar, Amitabh Bachchan got mistakenly punched and hit the table.
During a fight scene in Coolie, Amitabh Bachchan accidentally punched a table and was injured as a result. The actor was immediately admitted to the hospital for treatment.
3. Kajol badly bruised her face and even lost her memory for few days at the time of filming a cycling scene with SRK for the song Yeh Ladki Hai Deewani in the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Kajol was gravely injured while filming KKHH and lost her memory for a few days. The incident occurred while Kajol and SRK were filming a song called “Yeh Ladki Hai Deewani.” However, Kajol continues to talk about Ajay Devgan and will never forget him.
4. John Abraham was by mistake shot by Anil Kapoor while filming for the movie Shootout at Wadala.
During a combat scene in the film “Shootout at Wadala,” John Abraham was erroneously shot by Anil Kapoor, who was supposed to fire a blank bullet from a distance of 15 feet but instead discharged it from a distance of 4.9 feet. Following that, John was severely hurt, with the bullet striking his neck and nearly knocking him out.
5. At the time of the shooting Khakee, a jeep, which was instructed to stop a few feet away from Aishwarya Rai, by mistake lost control which resulted in a fractured foot.
During a Jeep shoot on the set of Khakee, actress Aishwarya Rai, who played the lead in the film, lost control and shattered her foot.
6. The most iconic story in the Bollywood film industry – when Sunil Dutt saved Nargis from a fire that went out of control while filming for the movie Mother India.
Sunil Dutt saved Nargis from a fire while filming Mother India. She was filming a difficult fire scene when she became trapped, but Sunil Dutt went to her aid and pulled her out of the flames. Nargis and Sunil eventually fell in love with each other.
7. While filming a sequence for the movie Darr, where SRK was instructed to jump on a sofa where Anupam Kher was sitting.
SRK fractured three of his ribs during the filming of Darr. He was told to jump on a sofa while Anupam Kher lifted his leg.
8. While filming a dancing scene for the film Gunday, Ranveer Singh landed down a platform and sustained many stitches on his face.
Ranveer Singh was injured during a dancing scene in Gunday and required stitches. Later, he was injured while filming a horseback sequence in Bajirao Mastani, and he had to undergo surgery.
9. While filming a sequence for MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput accidentally hurt his ribs while doing a signature helicopter shot.
Sushant Singh Rajput, the Great Young Actor, was accidentally harmed and injured his ribs while filming MS Dhoni’s biography for a sequence. MS Dhoni’s renowned helicopter shot was being practiced by Sushant. SSR was subsequently admitted to the hospital for surgery.
10. Hrithik Roshan was about to cause an accident with his co-stars, Farhan and Abhay at the sets of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
During the filming of ZNMD, Hrithik was inadvertently hurt. While parking the car, three of them were involved in an accident. But, thankfully, they were unharmed, albeit for a short period.
11. At the time of filming for the song, Gerua for the movie Diwali, Kajol saved Shah Rukh Khan’s life.
During the filming of Dilwale, Kajol saved SRK’s life while filming the song in Iceland. SRK inadvertently slipped and almost lost his life, but Kajol firmly held onto the actor.