India is a country located in South Asia. It is the second-most populous nation which is the seventh-largest country by area, and the most populous democracy in the world. In fact, it is a land of mystery and known for its incredible history.
In this article, we will take a look at the 9 facts about the Indian film industry:
1. India is the largest producer of movies in the entire world. Bollywood, Kollywood, Tollywood and other regional cinema industries together produce more movies than any nations in the world.
2. Indian film industry is world’s most profitable movie-making nation, with a net gross production of 800 to 1,000 movies every year that is almost the double of the net creation produced by Hollywood.
3. The Indian film industry made Guinness Book of World records in 2009, with a total of 1,288 films were being produced in 24 different languages.
4. Rajamouli’s Baahubali: The Beginning made the Guinness World Record for making the largest poster of more than 50,000 sqft. The poster has an area of 4,793.65 m² (51,598.21 ft²)
5. Brahmanandam Kanneganti is a famous Indian actor and comedian. He is known for his roles in the Tollywood industry. The legendary actor currently holds the Guinness World Record for ‘most screen credits for a living actor. In the year 2015, he had successfully finished 1000 movies in less than 30 years of his cinematic career.
6. Ashok Kumar who made his debut in Jeevan Naiya in 1936 has constantly acted in lead roles in many popular movies. He is popularly called ‘Dadamoni’ and acted continuously for 63 years. He made Guinness Book of the world record for the longest Bollywood career in leading roles.
7. Love and God (Kais Aur Laila) consumed more than 20 years to complete after the devastating death of Guru Dutt and then director K. Asif in 1971. Later Sanjeev Kapoor took the lead in 1986, and the film was completed eventually. The film eventually made the world record for having the longest production of a Bollywood film.
8. Asha Bhosle has given back to back hits in Bollywood. She was included in the Guinness Book of World record for the most recorded artist in music history in 2011. Sister of ‘Nightingale of Bollywood’, Lata Mangeshkar, the popular singer has recorded up to 11000 solo, duets and chorus backed songs and several others in more than 20 Indian languages since 1947. Some of her popular songs include Dum Maro Dum (Hare Rama Hare Krishna), Piya Tu Ab To Aaja (Caravan) and Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko (Yaadon Ki Baraat).
9. Kumar Sanu is no new name in the music industry. As a matter of fact, he was considered as one of the most eminent singers of the 90s era in Bollywood. Some of his popular songs include Tujhe Dekha Toh (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge), Ek Ladki Ko Dekha (1942: A Love Story) and Do Dil Mil Rahe Hain (Pardes). He made Guinness World Records in 1993 for recording the maximum number of songs in a day, that is. He covered 28 songs in a single day.
10. Hrithik Roshan made his super hit debut in Bollywood with Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai which went on to win 92 awards. It made entry into 2002 Guinness Book of World records for having the most number of awards for a movie.