MS Dhoni is well-known for his astute captaincy, wicketkeeping, batting traits, swift stumping, quick running between the wickets, last ball six, helicopter shots, ICC trophies and so on. His contribution to Indian cricket is so good that it cannot be put in words.
MS Dhoni has 3 ICC trophies as a captain – ICC World Cup 2007, ICC World Cup 2011 and ICC Champions Trophy 2013, the only captain in the history of the sport to do so. Even after giving up international captaincy on January 4, 2017, he still contributed to the team as a wicketkeeper-batsman.
Dhoni’s last ever international appearance came against New Zealand in the ICC World Cup 2019 semi-final. He retired from all forms of international cricket on August 15, 2020. The news was confirmed by MS Dhoni himself through the Instagram post. MS Dhoni has represented India 90 Tests, 350 ODIs and 98 T20Is.
The down-to-earth personality is a huge inspiration to all cricket followers. He has been actively applying his skills and expressing himself in the Indian Premier League. MS Dhoni will be leading Chennai Super Kings in the sixteenth edition of the Indian Premier League.
When MS Dhoni’s old tweets on Ravindra Jadeja broke the internet
Not many know that MS Dhoni was ruled the Twitter portal by posting hilarious tweets. His tweets also went viral in no time on social media portals. Particularly, his tweets on Ravindra Jadeja spread like wildfire on the internet.
Fans absolutely loved MS Dhoni’s incredible sense of humour.
Other Witty one-liners of MS Dhoni that went viral on the internet.
1. When asked about his return as CSK captain with a win in IPL 2022 season, MS Dhoni said, “I did nothing different, when you’re in the same dressing room, you keep saying the same things. It’s not like many changes with the change of captain.
2. In the 2018 season, MS Dhoni was asked why CSK haven’t used Harbhajan Singh often. To which, MS Dhoni said, “You know I have a lot of cars and bikes in my house. I don’t ride all at a time.”
3. MS Dhoni was asked the secret behind reaching the playoffs consistently with Chennai Super Kings. To which, he said, “If I everyone what it is, then CSK won’t buy me at the auctions. It’s a trade secret”.
4. After losing the Test series in England, Australia, MS Dhoni said, “When you die, you die. You don’t think which is the better way to die.”
5. When asked about captaining Team India across formats during his playing days, MS Dhoni said, “It’s like having 100 kgs put over you. That’s good enough to weigh you down. After that, even if you put a mountain, it will not make a difference.”
6. You play the helicopter shot to a certain delivery. I can’t hit it off a bouncer. Maybe if I stand on a stool and go for it. – When a journalist asked why has he stopped playing helicopter shots.