There are countless stars in the Indian film industry who ruled the hearts of the fans due to their exceptional performance. However, there was one such actor who was loved not just by the fans but also by the whole film industry. He is none other than Raajkumar.
Born in 1926, Raaj Kumar was an Indian film actor most famous for his role in the Oscar-nominated 1975 film Mother India. He has a total of 3 children, sons Puru Raaj Kumar, Panini Raaj Kumar, and daughter Vastavikta Pandit.
Raaj Kumar has won countless awards for his performances and has left a huge impact on Indian Cinema. After almost 40 years of working in the Indian Film Industry, Raaj Kumar passed away in 1996.
Here are 10 interesting facts about the Raaj Kumar
1. Raaj Kumar was born to a Kashmiri Pandit in Pakistan, and his real name was Kulbhushan Nath Pandit.
2. The veteran actor has starred in over 70 Hindi films in his career.
3. In the film ‘Dil Ek Mandir’, Raaj Kumar played the character of a patient with cancer.
4. Raaj Kumar met his wife on a flight. Gayatri, who was a flight attendant at the time, changed her name to Jennifer after marriage.
5. He made his debut with Rangili, a film that was released in 1952.
6. Raaj Kumar entered the industry when filmmaker Baldev Dubey spotted him at the police station at Bombay where Raaj was a sub-inspector. Raaj Kumar resigned from his police job immediately after sharing a conversation with the filmmaker, who offered him a role in his movie.
7. He has worked in the film industry for over 4 decades with countless hits.
8. Raaj Kumar has also received a Film fare award for best supporting actor.
9. Raaj Kumar and Dilip Kumar did not get along with each other at all. Apparently, the two never spoke to each other during the entire course of filming Saudagar, except during scenes.
10. The 1972 film Pakeezah was originally offered to Rajendra Kumar, Sunil Dutt, and Dharmendra before Raaj Kumar was cast.