The Ambani family tree begins with the pillar, Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani, also known as Dhirubhai Ambani. He is the main man behind the legacy that the family owns. He was born on December 28, 1932, to Hirachand Gordhanbhai Ambani (father) and Jamunaben Hirachand Ambani (mother).
Dhirubhai Ambani was raised along with his siblings — sister: Trilochanaben, and brothers: Ramnikbhai, Jasuben and Natubhai. He was the second child of his parents. Although he showed little interest in formal education in his childhood, he grew up to be a hardworking, intelligent and tenacious young man.
Ramniklal Hirachand Ambani was the eldest brother of the late Dhirubhai Ambani. He was married to Padmaben. Born in Junagadh in 1924, Ramnikbhai was a founding member of Reliance Industries and was instrumental in founding the Vimal textile plant in Naroda. The Vimal brand is named after his son Vimal Ambani.
Ramnikbhai was on the Board of Directors of Reliance Industries till the age of 90 and retired in 2014, following which Nita Ambani, wife of Mukesh Ambani, became the first woman to join the company’s board of directors. Mukesh Ambani’s uncle Ramnikbhai Ambani passed away peacefully in his sleep at home on July 27, 2020.
Ramnikbhai Ambani’s wife Padmaben passed away in 2001. He was deeply committed to the upbringing and education of less fortunate children, and served as the Chairman of Sishu Mangal Trust, Junagadh.
Ramnikbhai silently helped his brother Dhirubhai scale new heights. He must have been a proud man before he breathed his last as Reliance Industries Limited became the second most valuable energy company in the world, overtaking American oil giant ExxonMobil, on July 24.
Natubhai Ambani is the younger brother of Dhirubhai Ambani. He was married to Smitaben. Vipul Natubhai Ambani is the son of Natubhai Ambani. In 2009, he got married to Preeti Ambani. Vipul and Preeti are working as joint secretaries in many companies.
Vipul is a chemical engineer. He did his graduation from the University of Massachusetts. Vipul started his career from the Reliance Industries company. He performed his responsibilities well in this company as a Managing Director. Vipul later started his own company named Tower Capital and Securities Private Limited.
Vipul Ambani started work with Nirav Modi in 2014. Vipul Ambani, chief financial officer for Firestar International, was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation in connection with the Nirav Modi-Punjab National Bank fraud case.
It is said that Vipul Ambani is currently holding a position as a director in this company. Preeti Ambani is also working as the second director in the same company. The company provides brokerage facilities to its clients.
Dhirubhai Ambani has set an example in the industrial world, but his brothers Ramniklal Hirachand Ambani and Natubhai Ambani failed to achieve success, fame, and wealth.
Now, in this article, let’s take a look at the 10 inspiring quotes of Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Business empire.
1. Don’t give up. Courage is my conviction.
2. If you’re born poor it’s not your fault but if you die poor it’s your fault.
3. If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow.
4. If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.
5. Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my expectation.
6. Pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities.
7. Growth has no limit at Reliance. I keep revising my vision. Only when you dream it you can do it.
8. Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambitions higher. Our commitment deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for Reliance and for India.
9. Give the youth a proper environment. Motivate them. Extend them the support they need. Each one of them has infinite source of energy. They will deliver.
10. Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one’s monopoly.