You ask anyone what they may want to be in life and they will say ‘a Billionaire’. Money can determine the success status of any individual and to be honest, these people have become a trendsetter for others to emulate qualities like hard work and patience. By 2020 they have soared heights while the middle-income taxpayers have lost jobs, businesses and other sources of livelihood, but the lives of billionaires remain unchanged. Let us check some facts about these mega-money stars.
1. In March 2020, statistics shows there are 2095 billionaires in the world.
2. Their combined net worth is $8 trillion.
3. Their wealth is greater than 60% of the entire world’s population.
4. If you have an average income of $100,000 a month, you will be a billionaire in the year 2853.
5. Jeff Bezos who is known as the richest billionaire in the world makes $2,489 every second.
6. Billionaires tend to spend around $80 million dollars in a year.
7. MacKenzie Scott is the world’s richest woman, with a net worth of $68 billion.
8. 4 billion of the world’s poorest people have less wealth than the world’s 8 richest people.
9. Most billionaires started their career by being a salesperson, software developer, stock trader or an analyst.
10. More billionaires live in New York City than any other city in the world. 92, to be precise.
11. J. K. Rowling (author of the Harry Potter books) was the first person to become a billionaire solely through writing. But she became a philanthropist and lost her billionaire status.
12. The inheritance that the world’s 500 richest people will pass down over the next 20 years is estimated to be about $2.4 trillion.
13. Chuck Feeney, co-founder of the Duty Free Shoppers Group, secretly gave away $9 billion dollars over the years only to go broke by giving all his money to charity. Later it was leaked in the press after a business dispute.