In breaking news, Sudarshan News has finally aired the much-awaited show ‘UPSC Jihad’ after the government’s approval. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting allowed Sudarshan News to broadcast a controversial show on the “infiltration of Muslims” in the civil services on September 10. During the show, Suresh Chavhanke, head of Sudarshan News, asked important questions.
Let’s take a look at these questions:
- Government help: You are eligible to get financial help while appearing for the UPSC exam If you belong to a minority community, whereas there is no financial help if you come from the general category, is this not discrimination?
- Age advantage: The age limit for minority candidates is 35 years, while the age limit for General Category is 32 years. why is it so?
- Attempt in UPSC: Minority candidates get 4 more attempts. The number of attempts for IAS exam: General Category candidates have only 4 attempts till 32 years of age, while minority candidates have 9 attempts till 35 years of age. Why are minority candidates given more chance to appear for the UPSC exam?
- Language: Muslim candidates have the advantage to take Urdu as a subject in UPSC mains. Urdu is an optional subject in the UPSC Civil Services examination.
- Interview help: Muslim candidates also get assistance in the interview. They are given mind-blowing marks in interviews while a general category candidate gets less marks in the interview. Why is there discrimination during interviews?
- NGO: There are many NGOs that provide financial assistance and education to Muslim students. Why is someone given financial help on the basis of religion?
- Subject: Urdu is an optional subject in the UPSC Civil Services examination. Candidates choose the Urdu language as their optional.
- Coaching center: Suresh Chavhanke said that we are not against PM Modi’s slogan ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’ but we just want you to remember what former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh once said, “Muslims must have the “first claim” on resources”. Why do Muslims have the first claim on resources?
Earlier, Suresh Chavhanke shared a promo video in which he said that the number of Muslims appearing and passing the UPSC exams is “suddenly” increasing, a trend that he went on to term “naukarshahi jihad”
Later, the video attracted a lot of criticism from police officers, journalists and activists. Several others expressed their outrage over his video and called for his account to be suspended. The hashtag #SuspendSureshChavhanke began to trend on Twitter.
However, the apex court had refused to impose pre-broadcast ban on Sudarshan TV from airing ‘Bindas Bol’ programme, the HC, in an interim order, stayed the telecast of the episode — ‘UPSC Jihad’ — which was scheduled to be telecast at 8 pm on Friday, 28 August.
Later, Editor-in-Chief of Sudarshan News aired a ‘Silent Show’, in which he kept himself mute to display his protest against his constitutional rights being hammered by the liberal lobby. He tied his mouth with a black strip after not being allowed to air the show by the gang which is known for crying freedom of speech every now and then. Talking to The Youth, Suresh Chavhanke made it clear that he is not against any community, he is against wrong doers. He reportedly wanted to expose those who are allotting marks on religious lines to candidates writing answers in “Urdu”.