Data interpretation tests the knowledge of statistics combined with the quick thinking and calculation of the data visualized in graphical form. Some find it very easy who knows how to interpret the graphs and are quick in calculations while some find it very difficult who don’t employ a solid strategy on how to go for the question and how to answer the questions that are followed by the given data set. In data interpretation, a data set is provided in graphical form, and based on this data set a series of questions are asked to be answered based on the calculations. The questions are always simple, but the calculations are time taking and require the candidates to employ their visualization and quick calculation to be employed to answer that question correctly. If you are well prepared and have followed the tips given below, it will surely help you to excel in this section and will help in achieving an overall good score.
- Do not assume any data point: Sometimes the candidates make their assumptions while solving the questions the most common assumptions made by the students is to take any data point to be 0 or 1 in case there is no information provided for same. This is one of the biggest mistakes in the data interpretation, which results in making the wrong choices. So never assume the data always try to calculate the missing data point or read the data set carefully, you will find the value.
- Utilize the options provided: Sometimes it is better to utilize the multiple choices provided to answer the questions of data interpretation as the back working of choices given can help you to find the right choice and to remove the odd one out. This is also a time-consuming method provided you know how to utilize this method.
- Pay attention to your basics: It is well said that one cannot build a high tower if the foundation is weak. So if you want to score high in the data interpretation, your basics must be very clear and revised before you even start to attempt any test paper. The basics we are talking about is what you have studied in your 5th to 12th class syllabus related to the data interpretation. For that, you have to practice questions and revise all the concepts you have studied earlier.
- Maintain your focus: It might sound easier, but it’s very important for you to maintain your focus on the question and to go through all the information very carefully while attempting any question. As the given data set is followed by the series of the questions and any mistake in perceiving the data set provided can end up in losing 5 to 6 questions at once. So it is very important that you maintain your focus on the information provided and read all the important points very carefully to answer the questions followed.
- Revise all the formulas: It is always a matter of the formulas for the data interpretation section. It is important that you revise your formulas daily or on every alternate day to ensure you remember all formulas while attempting your exam. The formulas will help you to quickly solve the questions and will save a lot of time, which can be utilized to answer the difficult problems that are time-consuming.
- Practice as much as possible: It is important that you practice as much as possible as it will help you to make your grasp on the subject matter and will help you on better interpretation and visualization of the data set provided. The more you practice, the better you will perform, and you will be able to solve the problems quickly. It is also important that you choose the study material which has questions of the high level of difficulty as it will give you an edge over the difficult questions of the exam and once you ace the difficult one the easier ones will be easier to be tackled.
Once you are done with your exam, it is time to put your head down again, and look at the possibility of getting into a good college as well. We would recommed checking out SRM University, Chennai as it has slowly been building itself as one of the premier universities for the potential managers of the future.