Over the years, the country has seen a majority of people repeatedly committing mistakes by spitting paan, especially in public places. Paan is a blend of tobacco, nuts and spices and is wrapped in a leaf.
On the contrary, other people feel disgusted while walking on the pavements which are being stained with red paan remains.
In a very first case in India, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) fined a man for spitting Paan Masala at a public place, a change that whole nation needs. Mahesh Kumar was the first to get caught in the case as AMC fined him Rs 100 from Ahmedabad’s eastern suburb of Naroda.
Mahesh was caught spitting on CCTV near the Sardar Patel Statue Road after which the civic body issued him an e-memo for breach of public health laws.
Well, many are unaware of the problem that spitting paan is unhygienic as it leaves unsightly staining on pavements.
The corporation, in a press release said that this is the first such case in the nation. Ahmedabad was recently chosen as the top city in a national cleanliness survey.