In good news for Delhi citizens, New Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal-led government has announced a doorstep delivery of around 40 public services that includes the likes of driving licence and marriage registration certificate. This service is available only for a minimal fee of Rs 50, which is indeed a good initiative.
The service has started on 10th September, which marks a new era of Governance. The main aim of Delhi govt is to make the life easier for the common citizen. Talking about the same, Kejriwal said, “We have to change the way we r being governed. The entire administration and governance need a complete overhaul. It needs to become citizen-centric.”
1. Services will be available from 9 am to 9 pm on all days (including weekends).
2. A dedicated helpline number- 1076 is available throughout the day.
3. Customers will get details about the respective service and the service fee via mobile SMS and the application can be easily tracked online through unique IDs.
4. Customers will get details about what documents required to get the service done and if someone doesn’t have, an appointment can be scheduled to get it done.
5. So far, 66 mobile sahayaks have been hired for this process. A mobile ‘sahayak’ will be sent to the address at the scheduled time and the sahayak will take note using a mobile app with biometric authentication. Information and documents will be uploaded through a government portal.
6. If the launched initiative turned out well, the Delhi government has plans to expand this to 100 services.
Speaking about the initiative, Kejriwal said: “The scheme was possible because of two reasons. First, our thinking to make the life of a common man easy. Second, our clear intention. “There will be issues in the scheme, but we will work hard to resolve them and will serve as a model before the world.”