BREAKING: Another Mobile Blasts While Charging, Kills 19-year-old girl on the spot

In what is the most disheartening news to come across, a 19-year-old girl in Odisha passed away after Nokia 5233 phone blew up in her hands. The teenager named Uma Oram was busy talking to her relative over phone which was plugged in for charging.

Things got from bad to worse when the phone exploded, in what turned out to be a disaster. The intense explosion caused severe burns on her face, chest and legs. Uma Oram was rushed to the local hospital with immediate effect but she drew her last breathe there. The incident took place in Kheriakani district of Odisha.

Nokia 5233 explosion (Credits:

“The cell phone was on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She died at the hospital,” said Durga Prasad.

HMD Global, the company that currently sells Nokia-branded phones, said that it has nothing to do with the Nokia 5233 which is a very old phone. “We are deeply saddened to hear of the unfortunate incident involving a 19-year-old girl that has been reported.

The mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in 2016 to create a new range of devices. At HMD Global, we are committed to producing high-quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations,” HMD Global said in a statement to news sites.

As per the potential reports generated by, the girl lost her consciousness following the phone exploded on her face. She was then taken to a local hospital where she passed away. Durga Prasad Oram, victim’s brother reportedly said that that the phone’s battery was draining out while Uma was talking so she plugged the phone for charging at the same time. Apparently a few seconds later the phone just blew up and the girl fell unconscious.

Nokia 5233 is a Symbian-based mobile phone launched by Nokia in the year 2010. However, in 2014, Nokia gave its phone manufacturing rights and license to Microsoft when the company’s phone division was bought by the Windows maker.

Then, the technology saw a new shape as Microsoft created Windows Phones powered Lumia phones. It did reach out in the market but not as great as it’s competitors. After that, the HMD Global got into the scheme of things.

This is not the first time we have come across the similar incident. Earlier, we witnessed one such scene when the 24-year-old youth died after his mobile phone blew up while it was being charged. With the wide range of technology in contemporary world, people sometimes miss out to know the important basics.

Let us create an awareness so that this unfortunate incident won’t continue henceforth. People should be aware of all these things. It can reach out to all of them only when we educate and share the information. We kindly request you to educate others by sharing this information. “Safety is the first priority.”

Hailing from Chennai, Chaithanya G is the Managing Director of TheYouth. He has dedicated his whole life to reading and writing.